BeatSession 01|31|10

I had trouble picking a sample this week. After work, I usually spend 30 minutes or so each day going through songs. But this past week, it was already Thursday and I still hadn’t picked one. I ended up picking this and I’m actually not sure what other songs use this sample, but I do know that Jurassic 5 sampled one of their other songs. 25/8 submitted a sample suggestion for next week. And Eladbrit said he’s going to dig up a sample for us to use possibly for the week after. I know he just came back from japan, so I’m assuming he copped some records while he was there. Anyways, thanks for listening. peace, illa

Jammin by J.Mckinney (Orlando, FL)

The Sun by Daniel Riofrio (Orlando, FL)

Park City by Sideways (Orlando, FL)

Untitled by DJ Ambush (South Carolina)

Watch Us Grow by TekTheIntern

Eternal by 25/8 (Miami, FL)

Watch Us by illa (Miami, FL)

Got Your Back by PMBeatz (Washington, DC)

This entry was posted in Beats and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to BeatSession 01|31|10

1. Soy is REAL says:

damn…kinda mad i didn’t get a chance to flip the sample this week. good ish as usual. Tek, Illa, and PM…dope flips gentlemen. respect.

2. 25/8 says:

sideways u had my ear this week homie, had a smooth q-tip feel to it

3. DJ Ambush says:

1st of all…i just back into my beat mode…been a minute.
    but im glad i got my practice back on. I dont think I spent enough time on it.

OMG this was really tuff…

TEK, once again the drums…you had this Jdilla/Erik Sermon thing going on!
    SO F$#@$ DOPE!!
    MAN o MAN….

illa -WOW!!! very nice
    J.Mckinney (Orlando, FL) – it flowed like a soundtrack i likes
    Daniel Riofrio (Orlando, FL) – u always have nice trax man i like this
    Sideways (Orlando, FL) – reminds me of a dope nicolay track
    Eternal – Diamond D flooooooooow
    PMBeatz (Washington, DC) – RAWWWWWWWWWWW bassline whoooo

4. PMBeatz says:

Thanks Soy.

Ambush – Dope ass kicks. Extra wide. LOL. Feelin’ that.
    Tek – I mean, ur bass is just bananas. Fer real.
    iLLa – Ur bassline is dope. Hits extra hard in my headphones. You came a long way with your mixing. Keep it up.
    J Mckinny – Beat was like a sound escape. Like, ur beat should be on one of those CD’s at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. LOL. Mad smooth.
    Daniel Riofrio – Ur beat was chopped up real nice. Good ish.
    Sideways – Creative, as always. Love the ride cymbal.
    25/8 – I like how you changed the rhythm around, so it’s not just repeating. Dope.

5. daniel riofrio says:

yo good lookin everybody..i was never really good at sampling but this is keepin me on my toes.

J Mckinny..cool feel..smoothness always grabs me..

Sideways..man that shit is def on piont..im feelin the subtle buildups and drops

Ambush..yea that wide feel with the kick got me..and then the voice all reverb’d in the back..ill

tek..yup primo feel..lol

25/8..southern hi hat on the track..lol..it def still fits tho nice mix

illa..nice vibe real nice..and i like the intro

pmbeats constant ripe bounce wut more u want

6. Ambush says:

Man
    we are some ill underground producers.
    I think one day we should make a nice down-loadable beat tape with MCs spitting on our stuff or just a nice project. Each 1 of us assigned to a sample or 2 producers work with each other on a sample to make 1 beat. Agree on a tempo and go from there.
    I think that would be DOPE!

What do you all think?

7. Serum says:

PMBeatz with the illness this time around. Fresh.