BeatSession12|27|10

This week’s sample is Telegram from Eleanore Mills’ super rare 1974 album, “This is Eleanore Mills”. I believe it may have been her one and only record release, which is a surprise – she’s an amazing artist and its a solid album with dope string arrangements and amazing background vocals. And great song concepts e.g. New boyfriend breaks up with her via telegram right when she was falling for him (“Just when we got started, we parted / just when love mattered, love shattered”). Although obscure, she was Norman Conner’s protege and even appeared on his Romantic Journey LP. Eleanore Mills is the epitome of indie soul during the 1970s. A great find if you stumble upon this gem.

As we close this year, we just want to give another shout out to all the participants (new and old) and the listeners who tune in each week. Also, big ups to Sideways who hasn’t taken a week off this year. He’s participated in every beat session.

Next week, we plan to pay tribute to the late 70s/80s songstress, Teena Marie. She died yesterday of natural causes. Its only fitting that we pay tribute as we did with Isaac Hayes when he died last year. Lady T, RIP.

peace, illa

Telegram by Eleanore Mills

Say What? (v. 2.0) by Alwyn Villaruel of FlipMusic (Manila, Philippines)

An Old Fling by 25/8 (Miami, FL)

Sled by Example (Snowing Family Love) by Sideways (Orlando, FL)

Something for the Jeepneys by Lokidaboywonder (Manila, Philippines)

Tastebudz by Flava Matikz of Q-York (Q-York City, Philippines)

Sa Wakas by Chrizo (Las Piñas, Philippines)

Shattered by Gee (Toronto, Canada)

Everything Got to Me by PMBeatz (Washington, DC)

Sorry by Blackph03nix (London, England)

Don’t Cry, Celebrate by illa (Miami, FL)

Essence by Trill Trax (Tallahassee, FL)

Comin’ Home Again by JedLi of People’s Future (Manila, Philippines)

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt by TicTac Productions (Toronto, Canada)

Another Song Which Uses This Sample:

9 Responses to BeatSession12|27|10

God Bless The Weekly Beat Sessions.

By The way Sideways – if you are not on your way to outputting your music in the next few months I will hunt you down.

3. 25/8 says:

?!?!?!!?!!?!?!!? beat session got me HYPE!!! i damn near broke my neck n gave myself a concussion listenin to these fire ass joints!!! TRU STORY! LOL! special props to Alwyn Villaruel & Lokidaboywonder! WHOA! everyone was straight BEAST MODE this week!!!

4. PMBeatz says:

Happy Holidays everyone!

Everyone went H.A.M. this week. I personally was feeling Sidewayz, Alwyn, and Chrizo. Monster beats fellas.

On another note, I wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope this family of beatmakers continues to grow and to bless the world with each individual’s unique flavor and talent in 2011. Here’s to 2011!

5. I need to be more consistent with my posts to catch up with everyone else! Ya’ll are dope & each producer has their own Musical Martial Arts. Mad propz to everyone here on the WBS. Trill foreal. Peacebless my producer brothaz.

6. Alwyn Villaruel says:

Happy Holidays!

Big thanks to everybody who appreciated the work I put in here in WBS. I’m new to the sampling production game (ask Chrizo; he taught me), so I really am thankful for the learning experience you all guys have given me through WBS. I consider each and every one of you as my mentors. Each beat session is truly exciting for me. Let’s all keep the dopeness up all the way to a million hits (and more)!

And here’s to a happy new year for us all and our families! Peace!

7. Sideways says:

Thanks for the love ya’ll. The beat sessions are definitely a habit that I block a few hours a week to do. Glad to know so many producers have been able to showcase their music to the world

8. john doe says:

big ups to beatsessions pm beats alwyn villauruel and lokidaboywonder beats are sure as fire it got my head bopping heavily as if i was listening to some led zeppilin sure want to hear more from this heads.

9. Praverb says:

all I have to say is…the Philippines got some beat makers wooooooooooooo fire…

illa you are that dude…