BeatSession 05|16|11

Spend The Night With Me by Edna Wright

Its 12:01am as I write this… I’m already late on this post. It’s all good though – it gives time for some of the late submissions… This past weekend, some friends and I hit up The Social in Orlando, FL to see the legendary Pete Rock spinning some hip hop classics. It’s an amazing feeling to hear Dilla tracks being spun live by Pete Rock. Good times indeed… and I even managed to set aside time to chop up this week’s sample.

This week’s sampled artist is Edna Wright. She is probably most known for being the lead singer of the female vocal trio, Honey Cone. But prior that, she sang backup vocals for various artists such as Ray Charles and the Righteous Brothers. This week’s sample comes from her 1976 solo album, Oops! Here I Go Again.

peace, @illa0804/@generationill

Stay Calm by PMBeatz (Washington, DC)

My Mind Off You by Ant Hearn (Southampton, England)

She’s a Good Girl by 25/8 (Miami, FL)

Darlin’ Baby by @QuestClassic (Fresno, CA)

All Day by Blankface (Detroit, MI)

Speak My Mind by The Lone Stranger (Orlando, FL)

Spend the Night with Me by Sideways (Portland, OR)

Legacy by Gee (Toronto, Canada)

Tara sa Likod by D (Lipa, Batangas)

Champion Swagger(<3Bern) by SDM/BoxoutBeats (Makati City, Philippines)

Darlin' by Jason Leary (Conway, SC)

Simple Altitude by NeV (Augusta, GA)

Sunin’ur-i by Blackph03nix (London, England)

Scratch-Caliber and Magnifico feat. DJ Excaliber by Chrizo (Las Piñas, Philippines)

Apo·lune (n) by illa (Miami, FL)

Another Song Which Uses This Sample

Honeymoon is Over by Nas

7 Responses to BeatSession 05|16|11

1. QuestClassic says:

PM had the dopest flip in my opinion. props my dude.

2. SDM/BoxoutBeats says:

Everybody did it again.. mad props to all.. peace!! after a long time.. i joined again.. hehe. it feels great.. peace all!!

Nice to hear these differing cuts. School was never this educating….
    Wanna hear more of your stuff Ant Hearn.

1OVE

BP

4. 25/8 says:

man wat a great session! had the dirty south joints, the midwest joints, the ny joints, and even some acid/electro joints! ILL!

5. NeV says:

overall this is a SUPERB beat session Jason brought that “FEEL” to it, Ant Hearn that track makes me afriad to put that in the car on some stock speakers YOU KILLED IT man hope to hear more from you. 25/8 I WAS NOT EXPECTING that 3 6 sample and PM what can I say that hasn’t been said about you and your work that was MINDBLOWING

6. thadizzie1 says:

Y’all killed it this week!!!! I wish i coulda join the fun but imma get at this weeks one… Peace y’all…

7. PMBeatz says:

Thanks for the compliments. I honestly was really feelin the sample. Not sure how to not sound cliche, but everyone imo came thru this week. The flips/chops were all unique. If I may say, I’m glad to see the “regulars” on here. It’s like that one person u meet at a party and u see them again at another party and ur like “yooo what u doin here!” haha great to see a lot of the same talent weekly.